Countdown

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tuesday, October 6 - Week 8

Oh wow so from reading all the new emails I guess I got my answer to my first question today. Any news on my visa? I can't believe I'll have to wait that long. I really had some hope I'd be leaving by the end of this transfer, but I guess not. So ya Elder Wright was in my district in the MTC. He was a good guy. He really wants to be a good missionary like all the elders in my MTC group. He was a nice kid and he definitely is out for the right reasons.

So how'd everyone like General Conference. I would say my favorite talks were Elder Scott on the Saturday morning about the spirit, Elder Uchtdorf about the Love of Christ, and Elder Holland with his amazing testimony on Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I want to see someone deny the Book of Mormon after that talk.

So dad how's your diabete's? Any results from the Dr. I'm glad you and mom are really putting forth the effort to eat well. How about your back? I heard its been pretty bad lately. Take it easy man. Your not super man.

How was Whits shower? You had it already right? Oh so I think there is some confusion on my food. I eat at members house every night so don't worry about me and food. I have been losing weight because we have been walking so much, but I'm getting used to it and I was actually starting to gain weight.

We are actually on bikes now and let me tell you, I HATE BIKES! I can not do it. There are these way steep hills everywhere we go here. I never thought it was that bad when we walked, but biking up the hills is horrible. And of course we live at the bottom of all the hills so everyday we have to bike up. And the hills go up and then down a little and then back up. So now I know what people mean when they say they had to walk in the snow, uphill, both ways.

It has gotten really cold here and it hit in like one day. We are now in suits full time which is a bummer. The first night it rained I didn't have my jacket and my suit just got drenched. I guess the Lord wants me to experience rain even though I'm not in India. Ya I did not hear about all the floods there. That's crazy. I wonder if that will delay my visa too. I'm never going to leave Washington!

Hey has Pete gotten any results on the LSAT? It sounds like both Belle and Makee are getting to be some real goofs. Your guys stories always make me laugh. Whit your getting close. How's everything going? You about to pop yet? Hey Lynds the twins seriously get chunkier and chunkier every week. They're gonna be little fat balls by next week. And heck ya their uncle kicks butt. I like that shirt. Dan how's your shoulder doing? Is physical therapy helping any? Its good to know that almost all missionaries have a rough time with their companions. I'm trying my best with him. I have found that the more I stay busy, the happier I am. When we actually work I feel as though I'm doing my duty and even though we have no success, we are at least trying our best.

Well today we are going to go golfing. I guess a member owns the course and we get to go for free. So I'm pretty excited about that. Hey tell Gran about it and tell her I'm working on a letter for her right now. Ya so things are really slow right now. We only have one investigator, April, and we haven't met with her in a while and can't get a hold of her. I really hope we can sometime. She was so close to baptism. We don't have anyone else to teach so we have been working with some less actives and meeting with members to try and get some referrals. We have interviews with President Belnap this week. I'm going to see how things go with biking and with Elder Smith this week and if both don't improve then I'm going to talk to President about it. Biking is seriously ridiculous and Elder Smith is slowly improving, but I should not be the one to tell him what to do. I'll try and get everything resolved this week. Well it sounds like everyone else is doing pretty good. Stay happy, stay healthy. I love you all and I'll talk to ya next week.

Love,

Elder Garrick
P.S. sorry no pictures this week. I'll try and get some golfing today (and I'll be in some okay Lynds)

No comments:

Post a Comment