Countdown

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18, 2010 - Week 40

How is it going for everyone today? This week has been pretty good for me. It’s been crazy because for some reason we had 3 exchanges this week and I stayed in my area for everyone. It really makes me feel like I could take over the area. It wouldn't be as hard as I thought and I think it would actually be a good thing for me. Who knows what is going to happen at transfers though. It is still a good two weeks away. First I want to just say that I got Jo Ann's package. Tell her thank you and I will be writing her a letter here pretty soon. Have you guys gotten my package yet? It should be there by now.

So yes we have had another miracle in Dayton. John Janovich's son-in-laws cousin was at his baptism. She really liked the baptism and wanted to learn more. The next day she came to John’s confirmation and enjoyed church even more. We talked to her and asked if we could talk to her more about the gospel and if she wanted to learn more. She said yes. Her name is Trisha and she has a 14 yr old daughter named Destiny. So we go over to their house on Friday and they are way excited to see us. They said that they had been looking forward to our lesson all week and had been thinking of questions for us. We taught them the first lesson and it went great. She said that she has always believed in God, but never knew which church to go to. She understood everything. Does this sound familiar to you....? Well we get to the end of the lesson and she asks, "Well, what do we need to do to join the church?" We talked to her about baptism and we set a date for both her and the daughter to be baptized!! Just like Lynne! This is the second time this has happened this transfer. It is so amazing. There are people who truly are ready to hear the gospel and are searching for it. God always provides a way. So we currently have 3 people on date to be baptized right now. We really are being blessed. Unfortunately Lynne was not able to make it to church this week. She is still progressing and interested, but we are going to have to bump her baptismal date back. I hope that I can still be here for it.

We are teaching another person tonight that is doing fantastic too. It was while I was on exchanges and I wasn't able to be there for the first lesson but Elder Buchanan said it went great. I'm excited for it. Other than that not much else has happened. Guess what? I finally learned how to complete a rubix cube. I know I know, not missionary related, but I was pretty excited about it. Our district leader showed me how and now it’s a piece of cake. Now I'm working on the 5x5.

Last night I went on exchanges with our district leader. He is actually from Australia. He is a really cool guy. It’s nice because we were able to get some good things done yesterday. Last night we were able to see a couple of the people who we had been discussing and we had great lessons with them. They are mostly less-active families, but they are now going to start to take the missionary lessons and hopefully we can help them out. It’s been really cool for me to look at the things that have gone on in my mission. I am able to relate a lot of the experiences I have had with my companions, with my areas, and with my visa to the people we are teaching. I guess there was a reason for me to go through all of that haha. Anyway I'm doing great right now. Hopefully I’ll have more to say next week. And don't worry about me. My ankle is fine. It has been for the past 2 weeks now. No biggie. I love you all and I'll talk to ya next week.

Love,
Elder Garrick

No comments:

Post a Comment