Countdown

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010 - Week 44

Jared and the Walla Walla district before transfer day

Elder Garrick, Elder Olsen, and Elder Buchanan on transfer day.

Jared giving his new companion, Elder Wagner, a haircut. Poor Elder Wagner.

Hey Everyone,

This has been a pretty good week for me. My birthday was fantastic. I am trying to send out some thank you letters so everyone be patient with me. They will come. The backpack is awesome and is working great. I wrote about it in my letter to you guys that I will try to send off tomorrow. You guys can go ahead and keep the warranty. The levi's are great too. Everything was seriously perfect. Thank you all for everything. It was a great birthday. So for my birthday we had lunch and then we went bowling. I am happy to say that I got a new personal record of 160! That’s good for me. It was really fun and I'm pretty sure I beat everyone haha. Later that night we went over to some members home for some birthday cake. It was great. Elder Wagner and I are working great together and we are working hard.

Well I don't think that we will be moving out of Waitsburg. There just isn't any place in Dayton that we could go to. It’s good at the Tolmans too. They are great people. I have absolutely no idea who this lady is who is always at the transfer site. I was at transfers, but I guess since she doesn't know me and I don't know her, there are no pictures. I'll look for her next time. Well not much else is going on. We are talking to everyone on the street and having really good success with that. People are so friendly here that they don't freak out when missionaries come to talk to them. In the past week we have gotten 5 new investigators which is really good. The average is about 2 a week and the goal for the mission is 4 a week. We have a few appointments with people that we are hoping will turn out good so that we have more people to teach. Everyone is doing great. We are meeting with our recent converts. The Razzolini's are doing great and Trisha (the mom) is already wondering when she can go to the temple to be sealed to her daughter. We met with John the other day. We asked him about his feelings on the Book of Mormon. With sincerity in his voice he said, "I can't describe how I feel about it. It’s hard for me to describe my feelings, but I just know that it is true." That is one of the greatest testimonies I have ever heard from anyone. We met with Laurel Bloomfield last night. For those who can't remember her story, her husband is a member who hasn't been to church since he was probably 19. They are both in their early 30's now. Laurel felt it was important that they pay their tithing to some church and they decided they would do it to Jim's church (the member husband). That same week our elders quorum president called everyone in the ward to see if they wanted home teachers. He called Laurel and she told him that she was not a member. He then asked her if she would want the missionaries to come over. She accepted and we have been meeting with her ever since. She is awesome. She believes in everything that we do. She said that she know it’s true, she just doesn't want to rush into things and fall away if her parents say anything to her about joining the church. She is so close! She is actually fasting today to help her make a decision on what she wants to do.

Well that’s about it for me. I hope everyone is doing great. To all you Fathers out there, have a Happy Fathers Day! I bet everyone is happy that Whit is home and will everyone please give Brit a big hug for me and tell her that I love her and congrats. Take care everyone and I will talk to you next week.

Love,
Elder Garrick

No comments:

Post a Comment