Countdown

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The First Email!

We got our first email from Jared on Thursday! It was a very long day for my mom. We were thinking the email would come sometime in the morning, but it did not come until like 4:30 in the afternoon! It was so good to hear from him. Here's a couple excerpts from his email:

"My comp is Elder Olsen from Bountiful Utah. He is a really funny guy. My district is way cool and we always have a good time. Probably too good of a time. They are always jealous because I get the most letters and packages.

We have gym for 45 min and pretty much class the rest. My p-days are Thursday and we got to go to the temple today. That was awesome and so relaxing. Plus the food is like 10 times better there than here. I see Taylor all the time and talk to him at lunch and dinner. I see Bryce T and Nate every so often.

We have had Jeffrey R. Holland, Bednar, Uchtdorf, Eyring, oh and Prez Monson come to us for devotional...hahah jk. But we have had some pretty good talks and one guy from the 70. The spirit is so strong here its amazing. I feel it all the time."

So, it sounds like he's the same old Fatty. He has still got his great sense of humor. It was so good to hear that he is doing so well and even having fun while feeling the spirit every moment. Hopefully we'll have more news coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment