Countdown

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6, 2010 - Week 34

Hola Everyone!

So as you can see from my title, this has been the craziest week of my entire life. I will just start from Saturday because that is when all the craziness started. We wake up and we are getting ready for the day. We are super excited because its General Conference and we have been waiting for this day for the past month now. I jump in the shower and I'm literally in there long enough to get all soaped up and E. Buchanan bangs on the door and says that there is an emergency at the Huxolls and we need to leave right now. I wash off and jump out as fast as I can. We are driving over and I'm getting dressed in the car. The Huxolls stepdad died last night. Hank is just crying and the first person he asks for is the missionaries so that's why we went running. We did our best to comfort them and we prayed with them. It was good because we were able to speak to Hank and Sarah about the plan of salvation again and where we go after we die. The Huxolls are doing much better now. We gave Sarah and Hank a blessing too. I gave Hank his blessing. It was literally the coolest blessing that I have ever been a part of. The things that Heavenly Father wanted him to know were amazing and it was the most in-tune to the spirit I have ever been. Every time I give a blessing my faith in the priesthood strengthens and I see those blessings come to pass. Well Hank is for sure on date for baptism on the 17th and Sarah is too. She said that she doesn't even have a desire to drink coffee anymore. She said that the other day she hadn't made a pot of coffee until 3 o'clock. She took a sip and it made her sick so she threw it out. Awesome huh. There are so many miracles happening here, it is amazing. I am so blessed to be a part of them right now.

So we missed a lot of General conference because of the Huxolls and a bunch of other crazy stuff, but we are going to watch it through out this week so hopefully I will be able to catch up. What I did see was great though. Dad that's too bad you missed the Priesthood Session. It was so good. I received so many answers to my prayers that session. President Monson also said that it was the best Priesthood Session that he has ever seen. You'll have to watch it sometime or wait for the Ensign to come out for it. Easter was great for us. Our members gave us a little Easter basket with candy in it. We just watched conference and then some investigators from Walla Walla that our members are working with came up and we watched a little bit of conference with them and had dinner with them. It is actually the grandma of someone that E. Buchanan baptized in Dayton. It sure didn't feel like Easter though. I'm used to painting eggs and waking up to see what the Easter bunny brought. Not this year.

Thank you so much for the package though. I love it all, the food, tape, pin, shorts and shirts. Its all great. I wrote you guys a letter and its actually pretty long so I hope you like my Easter present to you. I'm not done with it yet, but I will try to send it out soon. Oh and thanks for the extra tape, that is definitely a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" haha. Don't worry I will send you guys a tape. I will make it a good one too. I get to call home soon anyway. I'm excited for that. I can't believe that it is time to call home again. I only have two more General Conferences now and two more phone calls after this one. How crazy is that? Time sure is flying by. This transfer is almost done. I have no idea what is going to happen but I sure hope that I don't leave and that E. Buchanan doesn't leave either. I think we are both pretty safe, but you never know. So did I tell you guys about the "Reflection of Christ" DVD's? I just bought both of them today at the church book store. They are amazing. I suggest that you guys buy them too or at least look them up on youtube.

Well I love you guys so much. Take care of yourselves and I will talk to ya next week.

Love,
Elder Garrick

1 comment:

  1. Jared sounds so great!! I know the disappointment about India was huge but he sounds so happy and content. What great experiences these "boys" are having. It is so fun to experience Jared;s mission with you through the blog. Send him our best.

    Gary and Mary Ann Hatch

    ReplyDelete